How to Choose the Perfect Hairstyles for your Face
by: Donna Monday
There must be a million and one ways to style our hair. If you like your hair styled short, there are short hair styles for women, short hairstyles for men, short curly hair styles, short black hair styles, celebrity short hair styles, etc.
If you like your hair styled long, there are long frizzy hair styles, long curly hair styles, long layered hair styles, long braided hair styles, etc. However, everyone's face shapes are not created equal. Some faces are round, some are thin, some are soft, and some are angular. Believe it or not, a hairstyle can help to accentuate or draw away from certain facial characteristics.
The following are tips on styles that can make the most of your particular features:
- Face Too Round - Putting a side part in the hair will slim and lengthen a face that's too round.
- Thin Face - Curls or fullness at the sides will widen a long, thin face.
- Large Nose - A full hairstyle or upswept crown makes the nose less noticeable.
- Sharp, Angular Features - A wavy or curly hairstyle will soften a chiseled cheekbone, nose or jaw.
- High forehead - A horizontal line of full bangs can cover the forehead, balancing the face.
- Strong or Square Chin - A short cut with soft curls or fullness at the crown, takes attention away from the chin.
- Narrow Chin - Long hair with fullness at the chin will balance a narrow chin.Low Forehead - Vertical lines and soft fullness at the crown can lengthen the face.